RightSilicon Organic Sesame Seed 2kg.
- Product Type: Whole, Organic
- Quantity: 2 Kilogram
- Origin: NIGERIA
- Flavor: Typical, nut-like
- Aroma: Mild, characteristic
- Culinary Applications: Baked goods, Asian cuisines, and oils
- History: Sesame seeds were possibly one of the first condiments, and one of the first plants used for their oil.
- Farming and Harvesting: The sesame plant produces these seeds, which fall off upon maturity. To harvest, the whole plant is cut just a few inches above the ground and hung upside down in a bag. The sesame plant-filled bag is suspended for up to 3 weeks, until all of the seeds have fallen. The plant is removed and the seeds sifted and stored.
- Ingredients: Organic sesame seed hulled, Sesamum indicum